Judoka Wong Ka-lee eliminated from Paris Olympics



Judoka Wong Ka-lee defeated by Austrian Katharina Tanzer. Photo courtesy of the Sports Federation and Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China.

Hong Kong judoka Wong Ka-lee exited the Olympics on Saturday, losing 10-0 to Austrian Katharina Tanzer. Competing in the women's 48-kilogram division, Wong faced Tanzer, who ranks 17 places above her in the world standings. Disappointed with her performance, Wong expressed, "I could have performed better, as I thought I had a chance after the draw. I hope I can do better next time."

Wong also thanked her coach and younger brother for their constant encouragement. "I was very nervous before the match, but they tried to help me relax," she added. At 26, Wong was making her Olympic debut and marked the return of a Hong Kong judoka to the Olympics after 12 years.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

NBA Star James Harden's Girlfriend Caught the Bouquet at Friend’s Wedding — and His Reaction Isn’t What You’d Expect

Caitlin Clark's candid admission regarding the return of the WNBA season