Will Mercedes Moné remain in AEW for her current run or make a return to WWE at WrestleMania 39? | Question of the Day

Welcome to today's eWrestlingNews Question of the Day! Mercedes Moné disclosed yesterday that she initially intended to make a return to WWE in time for WrestleMania 39. However, things changed when Tony Khan invited her to experience an All Elite Wrestling show, leading her to join the AEW roster instead. Today’s question for you is: "Are you more satisfied with Mercedes Moné being in AEW right now, or do you wish she had returned to WWE for WrestleMania 39?" Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. As for my own view... This might come off as harsh, and I’m sure her devoted fans might not like it, but despite being a fan since her NXT days, I haven't been impressed with much of her recent work. Like Bayley, I believe she peaked with her match against Bianca Belair (despite the lackluster feud WWE created), and since then, she seems to have been coasting. I also haven’t found much enjoyment in her AEW work. Her promos come across as uninspired, the CEO persona feels unnecessary, the entrance music is notably unappealing, and her storylines have been, at best, average. That being said, I believe she’s in a better position now than if she had returned to WWE for WrestleMania Hollywood, oddly enough. I often view wrestlers similarly: if they’ve become stale, a change of environment can potentially reinvigorate their career. While this doesn't always work and may even lead to a decline, it offers the chance to work with new talent, explore fresh ideas, and evolve into a more dynamic performer. They can then return to WWE—where, in my opinion, many belong—and bring their enhanced skills to a new roster of emerging stars. Realistically, what would Sasha Banks be doing now if she had returned to WWE at WrestleMania 39? She likely would have teamed up with Bayley to face Damage CTRL, which feels repetitive and uninspired. She might have facilitated Naomi's quicker return and perhaps pursued the tag team titles, but would that have positioned them any better than when they left? Probably not. And I doubt any potential matches against lesser-known opponents would have been game-changers. A feud with Liv Morgan, Rhea Ripley, or newcomers like Kiana James and Blair Davenport could have been interesting, but it’s unlikely to have dramatically altered the landscape. I’d be intrigued by matchups with Tiffany Stratton or Jade Cargill, but these could still happen in WWE later on, especially if Mercedes returns after her AEW stint. While I haven’t been blown away by her AEW performances, partly due to the lack of depth in their women’s division, many fans seem to enjoy it. If her current role in AEW provides more value and excitement than a return to WWE would have, then it’s a positive move for all involved. She’s gaining more star power now and offering opportunities for matches that might not have happened otherwise. Variety is key, and while Mercedes Moné may not be my top pick, her presence in AEW adds a new dimension to her career.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

NBA Star James Harden's Girlfriend Caught the Bouquet at Friend’s Wedding — and His Reaction Isn’t What You’d Expect

Caitlin Clark's candid admission regarding the return of the WNBA season